Third

Cultures contain things like beliefs, values, and traditions. Every family has different cultures, behaviors, or thoughts to pass on to generations. There is something I want to do research on. Something we can do observation or measure is religion. We can set the dataset about the religions of parents and of kids. We can try to see which kinds of beliefs are more likely to be converted to other religions, and which are going to be firmer than others. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Saints, I really want to see how firm our church is. How many people will stay in the beliefs and how many choose to leave.


There is something more I want to do for researching about cultures. I want to see how a single parent family will affect the cultures. How many single parents or their kids will choose to convert to different religions, how they spend their time, what kind of people they being with. How they spend their money and how they think about money or other stuff.


In my opinion, family culture will mostly change if a normal family becomes a single parent family. The thought of the kids will absolutely change. They will change their ideas about the families. It sounds sad, but it does affect a lot. We really have to prevent family to be single parents.


There is boundary for all families, but I think that the type of boundary can vary. To me, our boundary can be very rigid to our neighbor. The reason is we do not have good neighbor, so we could not be open to those people. For those who do not live in our neighborhood but not too far from us, some of them are my friends. We can be open to them because they are good people. In our family, our boundary to other people is according to the quality of the people. 


When it comes to the boundary within my family, it is a little strange. I can feel that there are three kinds of boundaries in our family. One is my parents, the other is me and my dad, and the last is me and my mom. I think the firmmest boundary is my parents. I feel that most of the time, I do not participate in our family stuff. Maybe they just do not want to put too much burden upon me. 


There are many disadvantages for families with only one kid. The kids may be good at dealing with things with older generations but not with peers. I do have a brother, but he is autism, so I feel like I am the only kid in my family because I do not have someone whom I could interact with.


Family structures can be changed by moving or saperating. I am a Filipino. An interesting fact about the Philippines is about 10 percent of the population are out of the country. Some of our family moved to Taiwan, and the most moved to Italy.


At the beginning, it was impossible to bring the whole family to a new place due to the circumstances or law. Maybe only the mother or the father could go first, or the kids had to wait for years to be with family. Before the family was together, there were so much drama. Even when they could live together, some of the kids never felt grateful to the sacrifice that the parents make. Some of them are really disrespectful. Moving or saperating a family is really hard and have lots of potential risks. But sometimes we just want to have a better lives to live. Life is really hard sometimes, but I believe we could overcome some of them by faith and courage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eighth

Parenting Blog