Second

Theory can be applied to everyone. So as a data scientist, I will focus on how to do data research on each theory.

For exchange theory, it is tough to define the inputs or the features. But for this theory, I would like to just focus on how a single element correlates with the output. 

The first input I will choose is money. The interaction of money in a family can vary. First, how much do the parents give the allowance to the kids? I want to see whether the kids give parents more if the parents give more allowance to the kids. Also, how much do the parents spend on food, travel, or entertainment? I want to see how much the parents will spend on each category, and how it will affect how much the kids will give value back. I believe the correlation would be interesting.

The second input I will choose is time. The interaction of time in a family can vary as well. First, how much time do the parents spend with the kids physically, and how much time will the kids like to spend time at home?  I think the answer could be obvious, I have watched many documents about serial killers. Most of them have bad experiences in their childhood because their parents did not spend enough time with the kids. This example seems very extreme, but it also shows that the parents spending with kids has an extreme effect. 

I will like to see how much time the parents spend time with kids during their childhood for their homework. I think it may affect kids` GPAs. So it could be an interesting topic to do research on. The time the parents spend on each category, and how it affects the kids, there are lots of aspects we could figure out.

I think time and money can be mathematically measured, so that is why I think we could do them.

Every family is a system. Everyone plays a different role in a family. My dad is the comforter, problem solver, and provider. My mom takes care of the family. I stir things up, and I am a problem creator. My brother does not have a role in our family. 

For the family system theory, I have spent lots of time thinking about how I can measure the system. First, I think we can think about the size of the family. I do not know how it could affect a family, but it may seem interesting to see. In this modern time, people tend to have fewer kids, so the sample of bigger families could be hard to collect. And I think we could try to find out which kinds of roles should exist in families. 

My family has a provider which is my dad. My family has a caretaker which is my mom. I am a troublemaker in my family. And my dad can also be a fundraiser. And I could be a problem solver as well although I create lots of trouble in my family. Our family is fairly small and we do not have many members. But everyone can play several roles in a family. It may hard to see those roles affect the family. Although it is hard, we can try to see whether this role is important to a family or not.

A relationship in a family should be built in triangles (at least three people). That can strengthen the relationship with each other. If a family can have more members strengthening each other, that can also see if a family can be stronger if there is more members in a family. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eighth

Parenting Blog